Writing is hard, and promotion is even harder. As an author, you’re expected to do more of your own promotion than ever. I’d like to offer you a chance to promote your speculative fiction work on my blog. In return for sharing your thoughts, I’ll share the post link on my social media accounts and with my blog followers.
Send me an email that answers these five questions:
- Do you remember the first character you created? Tell me about him/her/it.
- How did you feel when you saw your work in print / electronic form for the first time?
- What is your favorite piece of advice for new writers?
- If you were king/queen, what would you change about the publishing world?
- What is your next project? Timeline?
Bonus question: If you could reincarnate as another writer, living or dead, who would it be?
Attached to your email, include an image of the book you want to promote, a one or two sentence description of your book, and a nice image of yourself. No Word docs or PDFs, please. I’m especially interested in authors working in science fiction, fantasy, or other speculative genres. To see what your post might look like, check out the one by Elizabeth Guizzetti.
In exchange for your contribution, I’ll promote it with a daily tweet on my Twitter account for five days, a post on my Facebook author page, and a post on my Instagram. You’re welcome to promote it on your blog or social media accounts, too.
Email your materials to fyddeye.joe[at]gmail.com. Replace “[at]” with “@”. Use the subject “Five Questions” or the email might get dropped into my spam folder. I’m looking forward to hearing from you!